In the previous Samsung Galaxy S8, people need to go the hard home button. But, it will not happen with this new brand of Samsung. Actually, the Samsung really makes an easy way to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. The way of using “Home + Power” button combo does not work anymore. Now, Samsung uses the combo that has used forever for all of the other Android. To make it easy in taking a screenshot, then just follow the way how to taking screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ below!
Some Ways to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
1. The way from the old-fashioned key combo, slightly tweaked
In a first way, you can take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ by using the gesture or even the hardware buttons. However, if you want to take a screenshot by using hardware keys, then you may use other Android, except for Android Samsung. The steps as follows:
- Firstly, please open the screen or the app that you want to take a capture or a screenshot. You can choose any tab that you want to take a screenshot.
- If you have finished in choosing the tab, then press and hold on the “Power and Volume Down” key at the same time.
- After that, you Android will do a little buzz to confirm the result of the screenshot. In this part, you can see a fast animation and can access the newest screenshot from the notification bar.
Besides, you can still view all the screenshot result by open it in “Pictures” > “Screenshot”.
2. Taking a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ by using Gesture
The way to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 is by using the hardware key may sound very old for you. Then, why you are not trying to use a gesture? To take a screenshot, you can also use a gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. If you have used this way, then do not need to use the way of “Power + Whatever-key combo”. The way on how to activate the “Gesture” as follows:
- First, please activate the “Gesture”. After that, should go to “Settings” menu and continue to “Advanced features”.
- If you have done, then please make it enable “Palm swipe to capture”.
Using the way through the “Gesture”, you just need to activate it. After that, you can take a screenshot as much as you want on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. Then, here is the way to capture the tab or picture on your Android, as follows:
- You should go to the screen that you want to take a screenshot.
- Then, please swipe the edge of your hand. It can be from right to the left or left to the right (horizontally). The way of swiping the gesture will make you take a screenshot much quicker and easier.
- After that, your Android will buzz for a little while and show the quick animation to confirm the result of the screenshot.
3. The steps how to take a scrolling screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
In the “Advance” feature you can change the enable “Smart Capture”. It will show you the information of taking a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. After you finished take a screenshot, then you can start to edit or even share it automatically. Aside from the sharing and editing, this step also allows you to take a scrolling screenshot.
- In the first step, you have to set up the enable “Smart Capture” from the “Settings Menu”, after that please continue to tap on “Advanced Features”.
- Second, you can navigate to the screen that you want to take a shot of so much.
- Third, please use one of the ways how to capture screen on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Then, you can start to take a screenshot. Please tap on the “Scroll Capture” from the options that will come up at the bottom of the Samsung screen.
- After that, you have to keep tapping on the “Scroll Capture” button to keep going down the page of the screen until you are finished in scrolling.
4. The steps to take a screenshot in squares or oval and create the GIFs
The features of new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ come with enable to take some funny screenshot in the shape of rectangles and oval. To change it to enable mode, then just enter the “Settings Menu” > “Display” > “Edge Screen” and go to “Edge Panels“. Here is the step to take a screenshot through this way.
- First, go ahead to the screen that you want to screenshot or capture.
- After that, please open the “Edge Panels” and slide it until you find the section of the “Smart Select”.
- Next, please select it from rectangle, oval, or even animation.
- Then the last, choose the area of the screen that you want to take a screenshot or to turn into a gif.
5. The easiest way from Bixby
Samsung totally designs the new Samsung Galaxy S9 an S9+ with the greatest features. To take a screenshot, there is a way that really easy for all of the users. The super easy way to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ are just through the user’s voice. The steps are the followings below:
- Just say “Hi”, Bixby”. Then it will activate the smart assistant.
- Then, you can start to take a screenshot of the tab of the screen that you really want. Just in seconds, the process of the screenshot is done. It just a piece of cake to do this easiest way.
Bonus tip: the way screenshot editing, sharing, and other options
It is really annoying when you want to enable “Smart Capture” but you still have to take a multiple “non-scrolling” screenshot quickly. In this way, you have found a screenshot result after you done every single screenshot pop-up on your screen. Although you can still disable it, it is truly annoying, right? However, the “Smart Capture” has the best side of it. It has some features offering such as cropping, drawing on the screenshot result, and sharing it with another contact through an app.
It is true that the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ are not come like as the previous Galaxy S8 in the last year. However, Samsung has decided to make the best camera features of the newest one. In fact, they keep both of the headphone jack and also the price down to $719. It keeps the Samsung lover still happy with it.