Are you the user of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+? Sometimes, getting some trouble with the Wi-Fi connection will make a trouble in your life. It is because nowadays internet connections are one of the important things in our life. Kinds of trouble that maybe happen is because of the weak connections, bad signal or the Wi-Fi connections accidentally switch off directly. The simple tips below will help you to fix Wi-Fi connection problem on Samsung Galaxy S9.
The bad thing that possible happen is because you don’t have internet quota and also cannot use the Wi-Fi connections. It means you cannot communicate with another people through the internet or do some job that uses the internet. So, it is a big problem for you and you must solve the problem soon to get the connection normal again.
The Way to Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problem on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
- The first step, you must disable Smart Network Switching.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus is on.
- Next, please turn on your mobile data.
- For the next step, you must open the Menu > Setting and then open the wireless.
- In that part, you will see some options, search the “Smart Network Switch”.
- Then, click to choose the option.
Sometime you will also get a problem with Wi-Fi connections on your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ because of your phone condition. Open too many applications at one time also make the connections run slower. For example, if we open Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and another social media, absolutely the phone will lag or freeze. Another thing that will happen, the phone is also taking a long time for loading.
So, you need something to solve the problem like the above explanation although the wifi connections are normal.
- First, turn off the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+.
- Next, let’s press the power button, home button and also volume up in one time simultaneously.
- After it, the recovery mode will begins.
- Find the “wipe cache partition” and choose it.
- Your phone will buffer and you can restart the device with “reboot system now”.
When you have some trouble with the Wi-Fi connection on your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, you can use that way. However, if the steps can’t make the Wi-Fi connection normal again, you should bring it to the service center. If your phone is new and still in the warranty period, bring it to the official service center to prevent it from the fatal damage.