Some of the Samsung Galaxy S9 users must be facing the problem of the slow internet connection. There a lot of causes that make the speed of the internet connection so slow. Well, if you want to know the way on how to fix slow internet connections on Galaxy S9 and S9+, follow the instruction below.
You have to know some factors that can cause the problem of internet speed of Samsung Galaxy S9 getting slow. It should be before we begin then steps how to solve the speed internet problem. What are they?
- The low capacity of the memory device storage
- The user of Samsung Galaxy S9 may visit some site that can cause the network to jam
- The phone is out of date firmware updates
- The phone has a full of internet cache or corrupt
- The phone has low signal and Wi-Fi connection
- The Apps on the phone running the background
Simple Tips to Fix Slow Internet Connections on Galaxy S9
You will be able to solve the problem of slow internet connection on your Samsung Galaxy S9 below!
The Way How to Solve Slow Internet by Clear the Cache
There are a lot of the ways how to solve the slow internet connection. One of them is clear the cache of the Samsung Galaxy S9. If the way to clear cache does not work then you can Wipe Cache Partition. You can use this way because the process is harmless. You will not lose any data on your Samsung Galaxy S9. To do this way, you can do it through “Recovery Mode”. Learn how to boot Samsung Galaxy S9 into Recovery Mode.
Set up the Wi-Fi Turn off
The reason for weak internet signal is because you still turn on the Wi-Fi connection. Then, to fix the problem, you can follow the steps how to switch off the Wi-Fi connection on Samsung Galaxy S9 as follows:
- First, turn on your Samsung Galaxy S9
- Next, please go to the “App” menu and please navigate the “Connection”.
- After that, you can open the “Wi-Fi” and please set up the Wi-Fi off.
Get a Hand form the Professional Technician
If you have done all of the ways above but you still cannot get the best result. Then, we really recommend you to get a help from a professional technician. Another way, you can contact the carrier where you get that Samsung Galaxy S9.